Re: [RML] Beginner needs advise

Wed, 10 Jun 1998 08:03:46 +1000

Certainly I would be interested to hear if there is someone catching
Boesmani from the wild and shipping them to Europe. As Andrew mentioned
there were reports a couple of years ago of large scale slaughter of
Boesmani to supply the aquarium trade (in Japan I seem to recall) - the
story went that only the colourful males were retained for sale and the
females were left to die on the bank. As is often the case when large
numbers of wild-caught fish are shipped immediately after capture the
majority of those caught perished en route.

Also try to find the identity of the "blue and yellow rainbows" if you can
please.