Re: [RML] Empire Gudgeon

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:07:06 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Paul Carter wrote:

> I have found some Empire Fish (Gudgeons) available in the UK.
>
> Anyone any advice on keeping and breeding these lovely fish.

Just add water and keep them at around 25oC. They eat about anything. Don't
know the cues for breeding, but it doesn't matter very much since you are
extremely unlikely to be able to raise the fry. We've had several discussions
on this in the past, you might want to search the archives at
http://www.peter.unmack.net/archive/rml for more details.

Cheers
Peter J Unmack peter.unmack at asu.edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Desert Springs Action Committee at http://www.tkphotos.com/dsac/
Desert Fishes Council http://www.utexas.edu/depts/tnhc/.www/fish/dfc
Australian Desert Fishes as above just add australi or click on Australia
Australian Freshwater Fish Biogeography at http://www.peter.unmack.net/biogeog
North American Native Fishes Association at http://www.nanfa.org
Native Fish Australia at http://www.nativefish.asn.au
Aquatic Conservation Network at http://www.acn.ca

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid
people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full
of doubts." -Betrand Russell