Re: [RML] Cichlid/Rainbow Community Tanks

jazep at www.peter.unmack.net
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:01:46 -0700 (MST)

Hi Chen

I have kept rainbowfish in w/ Afreakin' Chickets, and yes, it can be done.
The main factor, IMHO, is tank size/space. If the bows have a lot of
maneuvering room/swimming space, and if species are properly matched, than
it can be done successfully. I have kept smaller, more peaceful bows in w/
relatively non-aggressive Afreakin's such as the featherfins, Lamprologus
shelldwellers, and Cyprichromis spp. I also know people who keep the
larger Tris, splendidas, and Glossolepis sp w/ Mbuna and various
Tanganyikans in *large* aquaria (ie: lots of swim space for the bows and
not too thick on the Chicklets). BTW: the same thing can be done w/ many
of the Barb sp., and Botias, although it is a bit of a "scarifice" for them
on the H2O parameters. They can handle it just fine though.

Hope this helps. :)

Julie <><