Re: [RML] Blackmast ?

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:08:05 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Adrian Tappin wrote:

> I noticed that in the Melanotaenia Tree you listed some splendida from the
> Calliope River. Did you happen to collect any P. signifer from there?
>
> They look more like the Townsville variety to me?

We got some, but we were some ways upstream of the mouth. The Townsville
ones tend to be in the estuary, or extreme lower reaches as I understand it.
I don't especially remember then being out of the ordinary, but then again I
don't tend to look real close at them in the field. Specimens are in the
Australian or Queensland Museum. Can't be of more help than that I'm afraid.

Tootles
Peter