Re: [RML] Short trip

Cary Hostrawser (caryho at ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:34:08 GMT

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:47:40 -0700, you wrote:

>Well, gee that was fun I left for the airport at 4am, paid $25 to get their,
>went and got my ticket and ended up not getting to go because they wouldn't
>let me carry on the fish then they said I couldn't check in the fish because
>they were in plastic bags, now tell me how else can you ship fish,
>tupperware? So I spent another $25 dollars to go home again. Shortest dang
>vacation of my life. I hope the rest of you had a lot more fun.

I was really sorry to hear you didn't make it. We were all looking
forward to having you here.

I ran into the same problem on my way to San Fran. Northwest Airlines,
which had never given me a problem carrying fish, wouldn't allow me to
check my bag. They even asked if I would like to speak to a supervisor
and then refused to get one. I used to have their pamphlet with all
the information on checking fish, and wish I had it with me to show
them. Then they told me to ship them air freight. As they had tied me
up for getting close to an hour now, and they decided to re-book me on
the following flight. What really pissed me off, was they did this
without even asking me. Changing flights wasn't going tot work to well
because I was meeting a fellow Minnesota rainbow keeper on the flight
and getting picked up on the other end by a San Fran local RSG member.
I had the description of who was meeting us but my fellow traveler did
not. I made them change me back to my scheduled flight, another 15
minutes, and raced to catch a cab to the air freight area of the
airport. Like the rest of my luck that day there was construction
blocking the short route and we had to take the long way.
I ran into the cargo area and went through all the paper work and the
fish were off to follow me. Racing back to the terminal I made my
flight with a two minute margin.
This wasn't the end of my problems with the airline that day, but it
sure was nice to be met at the gate by Paul, Tammy and the Great
Silver Budgie himself.

All in all the weekend was great, with the exception of not getting to
meet Rhonda.

later
Cary Hostrawser