Re: [RML] Beginner needs advise

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 01:24:47 +1000

At 10:56 09/06/98 GMT, Klaus wrote:
>It is highly unlikely your fish were caught in the wild as there is no
>collection/export system in place to collect and ship from New Guinea to
>the aquarium trade. To do so would be extremely expensive. Most
>rainbowfish in the hobby can be traced back to a few collectors who
>brought out a very small sample of brood stock. If they are indeed wild,
>people will come knock your door down hehehe, everyone wants wild or f1
>boesemanni.
>Klaus

I thought that the reason there were so few male boesemani left in the wild
was because of collectors? I wish I could remember where I heard that, was
it in an old AquaGeo?

Cheers, Andrew
Andrew Boyd - andrew at pcug.org.au - http://www.tip.net.au/~andrew
"Zaphod screamed a diminished fifth himself, dropped his light and sat
heavily on the floor, or rather on a body which had been lying there
undisturbed for around six months and which reacted to being sat on
by exploding with great violence."
Douglas Adams, from "Young Zaphod Plays It Safe"