Re: [RML] Ceriodaphnia

Rhonda Wilson (rhondawi at m6.sprynet.com)
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 10:36:31 -0700

Adrian,

Adrian R. Tappin wrote:

> Perhaps they are Ceriodaphnia? The reason I asked if anyone had cultured
> them was that I had never heard of them before. I think Moina would be more
> suited for culture in Queensland as they handle the higher temperatures better.

Nice information on the culturing and that. I don't know about adult vs. young size they
are all really small. I probably can't see the young. :) But as for heat I live in AZ and
it gets darn hot here. I've never really tried one way or the other to culture mine they
are just here everywhere. I have 2 kiddie pools outside with fish in them and the are both
very full of them. Whatever it is I have I know they can survive temps at least up to about
90 F, maybe higher.

Rhonda

--
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RhondaWilson/