Re: [RML] Names, trademarks and web pages

Georgia Mountain Web (juliesis at ellijay.com)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 11:53:01 +0000

Rhonda,

Here is a very good collection of Copyright and Trademark resources:

http://www.hwg.org/resources/business/copyright.html

I agree that it is a good idea to run it by an attorney specializing in
copyright/trademark law, but I would seek out one who has experience with
these laws as they apply to the Internet. There are some issues that arise
online that the non-internet attorney may not be aware of.

Hope this helps,

Julie

At 02:37 PM 2/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
>This is maybe a stupid question but here goes.
>
>I called my web site Natural Aquariums because that's what I do at
>least that is what I called them. But there is a company called
>Natural Aquarium and Terrarium (http://www.nataq.com/) so I switched
>my name and asked them if this would be a problem and they never
>replied. So I would like to call my web site Natural Aquariums again
>but I don't want to get in trouble, especially with this terminolgy
>being used all over. For example there is also Nature Aquarium World.
>
>Any ideas? Do you all think I will be safe using Natural Aquariums, if
>someday I actually make this in to more of a business (I do try to
>sell some stuff now) it will get ugly later? Anyone know where my
>standing is here? Should I just get a new name, I thought of Glass
>Gardens or Aqua Gardens but a search on the web shows a lot of sites
>with those sorts of names too.
>
>Rhonda Wilson
>
>ALA Convention 1998
>April 24-26 in Akron Ohio