Re: [RML] Re: Hybrid ethics-

Mach T. Fukada (fukada at hawaii.edu)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:05:01 -1000

We have these buggers in Hawaii (No Komodo dragons, but there have been
reports of monitor lizards). There is good evidence to indicate that the
piranha is established, Channas, and pacus. The last two are established.
However for the most part they are in man made waterways and not the native
ecosystem (theat is where you find plecos and dambusia).

>This arguement could be extended to Piranhas, Channas, and even Komodo
>Dragons I
>guess ;)
>
>Regards, Andrew

>_________________________________
>Subject: Re: [RML] Re: Hybrid ethics-
>Author: MIME:peter.unmack at ASU.Edu at INTERNET-MAIL
>Date: 2/3/98 9:13 AM
>

>On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Bruce Hansen wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to find any hard evidence that would support the
>> continuation of the ban on PNG Rainbowfish and nobody seems to be able to
>> offer any.
>
>Where's your evidence that disproves what the experts say? (Not that they
>have much other than being cautious.) Where's the evidence that shows that
>rainbows should be imported and that they don't pose any threat? :-)
>
>Tootles
>
>Peter Unmack

Mach T. Fukada, Web Master
fukada at hawaii.edu