Re: [RML] it's amazing what you find in stores...

Jennifer Palmer (aquamail at mypostbox.com)
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 10:00:55 +1100

We do have the bull sharks (Carcharhinus leucas) in Far North Queensland.
Brett Herbert and Glynn Aland both report them as being found well inland
into fresh waters. They apparently grow to around 3 metres (!).
I thought there was also talk (can't remember where) of a new and
surprising discovery last year of a freshwater shark (or a shark that is
able to live in freshwater)around Darwin. Does anyone know anything about
this??

Jennifer.