Re: [RML] Peacock gudgeons in AFM

C. Shamsid-Deen (csha at flashmail.com)
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:32:46 -0500

Gary,

I have also wondered that but have had mine in a separate aquarium for some
time. I did lose some of the original ones which were in with some
Boesemani. However, I thought the problem was probably aggression between
males at the time. They were in the bottom of a 20XT. Now, I don't know.
When I saw I was down to three, I moved those to a 20L and after a time
they spawned...and didn't stop. :) I do have some babies in with some
Boesemani babies now, so will see how that goes.

I would like to get some new stock at some point. I came across one person
who had some but lost contact.

Also, thanks so much for the signifers and cyanos, and the swords. I didn't
get many from all the eggs but the ones that did make it are doing well on
neglect. :( I'm in the process of cleaning out a 20 gal tank so I can
actually see how beautiful they are. I was out of room so put them in a 20
gal plastic container and unfortunately that cuts down visability. The
swords are looking really nice, too!

Oh, and I recall now I did have one question. In the article you suggested
5 pairs of peacocks plus some small bows for a 10 gal. Maybe I just give my
fish a lot of room, but think maybe a few less would have been better,
especially for beginners?

carvi