Re: SPAM (was Re: [RML] KAMAKA)

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Sat, 05 Sep 1998 13:24:06 +1000

At 05:56 04/09/98 -0700, Unmentionable wrote:

>People just don't know a good thing when it slaps them on the head or bites
>them in the arse (note the spelling Fordy just incase you didn't notice).
>Mind you, not sure I wanna be maintained in captivity, but I could think of
>some things that could do with some maintainance.

That thing that is like a penis only smaller? :)

>> At least you spelt banana right, 27 years of tertiary education are paying
>> off :)
>
>It is certainly paying off more for me than you, at least I pass my
>classes..... :-)

Who told you I had failed anything? I haven't done well on some individual
projects but I am still (technically) passing everything... ;)

>> Ok, I've changed the sig, must be the weather or something, one of the
>> tutors at school abused me for using an unattributed Douglas Adams quote ;)
>
>More likely astrological or something since the weather here is somewhat
>different to Canbra. After all, I can't remember the last time the
>temperature here at night dropped to below 26oC. :-) Canbra prolly hasn't
>hit that since April. :-) Actually woke up to rain this morning, I think
>this is only the second time that we have had rain before lunch time in my 2
>and a half years of living in Phoenix. :-) At least it's a warm rain. :-)

The rain hereabouts has been cool but not cold this last week. There has
been plenty of it though!

>> The sig I am using now is way too long, but at least it is not one you sent
>> me :)
>
>Your mastery and skillfulness never ceases to amaze me Andrew. Hey, I just
>had a good idea, maybe we should start calling you 'Drew. :-) That would be
>pretty appropriate for this list. :-)

That is a horrible thing to say, Roy! ;)

Cheers, Andrew
Andrew Boyd - andrew at pcug.org.au - http://www.tip.net.au/~andrew

Cecil, you're my final hope
Of finding out the true Straight Dope
For I have been reading of Schrodinger's cat
But none of my cats are at all like that.
This unusual animal (so it is said)
Is simultaneously alive and dead!
What I don't understand is just why he
Can't be one or the other, unquestionably.
My future now hangs in between eigenstates.
In one I'm enlightened, in the other I ain't.
If *you* understand, Cecil, then show me the way
And rescue my psyche from quantum decay.
But if this queer thing has perplexed even you,
Then I will *and* I won't see you in Schrodinger's zoo.
-- Randy F., Chicago, "The Straight Dope, a compendium
of human knowledge" by Cecil Adams