RE: Killifish threat

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 00:25:14 +1000

At 02:31 PM 9/24/96 +1000, you wrote:
>I spoke to a friend who has tried to do some reading on this subject.
>
>Ironically, it appears that the species that ARE legal to import are the
most likely cause for concern. Fundulopanchax (Aphyosemion) Gardneri are
apparently, very adaptable to streams and dams within their temperature
range. being an agressive fish they can soon dominate a water supply of
similarly sized fish.

This not only applies to killies, Alan... We're still importing Goldfish
into this country! Why goldfish and not Glossolepis? I don't know!

Regards, Andrew Boyd

<>< <>< : http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew
<>< : ><> Rainbowfish Mailing List: http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew/rml.htm
: <>< Sth Hem. Killifish: http://www.pcug.org.au/~andrew/aunzza.htm