RE: Re: Spawning mats and frozen fish food

Bruce Hansen (bhansen at oznet02.ozemail.com.au)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 07:54:33 +-1000

From: Adrian R. Tappin[SMTP:atappin at ecn.net.au]
Sent: Friday, 20 September 1996 7:39

Harro said -
<. All processes
of rottening start in the second food is getting warm.>>

Adrian said -
<<I would have to agreed - all "live" source of food does start to spoil
the
minute it is "killed" but it doesn't mean it is dangerous to our fish or
ourselves.>>

Of course both are right, it is just a matter of time before one situation
leads to the other. Adrian's example was apt and of course the European
practice of "hanging" game in a cool larder for several days was another
example of the same process ( with the addition of a judicious bacterial
component). I assume all listmembers would immediately think of this when
someone praised a " well-hung boar or pheasant" :-) :-)
This whole discussion has "thee-thawed" somewhat and I feel some common
sense is needed by each individual as to which "religion" they wish to
follow. For my part I don't feel any need to thaw first and I don't feel
that the food will be rotten before it hits the substrate. :-)

Bruce Hansen

ANGFA