RE: Lucky Australians!

Bruce Hansen (bhansen at oznet02.ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 07:38:24 +-1000

From: Roy Hunter[SMTP:103707.2451 at compuserve.com]
Sent: Monday, 16 September 1996 10:49

<<I hate shoveling that s**t! Just when you get it all cleaned up more
falls!>>

Reminds me of an Email I got from a friend of mine in Cochrane in Canada
that I will forward to the list for enjoyment all round.

<< I think that the water would
be to cold for rainbows though as I am sure that it will get down to 50
deg.
Does anyone have any recomandation on a easy to breed fish that would do
well in
that pond that I can bring back from this up comming trip?>>

I think M. fluviatilis and M. monticola would do OK as well as some of the
other Oz natives like Retropinna semoni, Nannopercas, several gudgeons and
Galaxids and heaps of others from the southern half of the continent.

Bruce Hansen