[RML] question; beneficial algae color

Ed (erom at earthlink.net)
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 00:14:32 -0700

I have two 60 gal (239 liter) tanks, with same: plants, lighting, gravel,
wet dry, and felt cloth over sponge filter. Fish load is about the same.
Each week both felt cloths are rinsed along with the water changes.

One felt cloth has a light brown-tan color the other is green-black,
always for years.

The green-black tank has a tendency for black hair algae,
the other tank has very little hair algae which grows very slowly.

I have tried to change the green-black tank to brown-tan
algae without success.

Has any one also noticed these to algae color types?

Ed

*******