Re: [RML] #rml

Merlin (merlin at orac.net.au)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:33:04 +1000

Hi Shamus and fellow #rml members.

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a channel especially created and operated for
rml members, occasionally we do get 'guests' dropping in on us :)

The channel is #rml and can be found on the Austnet.org server:
au.Austnet.org:6667

We meet on every Saturday afternoon at approx 1.00pm Eastern Australian
Time (terminology?) :) You will have to work out the time difference
according to whatever part of the world/USA you live in, dont ask me, it
gets too complicated <g> esp. as Daylight Saving is due to hit here soon :)

Many, but not all of us use the Pirch 98 for our IRC client (available
without cost from Tucows) (Shareware), we find it easy to use and thus we
can help newcomers with any problems they might encounter.

If you decide to join us and we hope you do, say howdy and please identify
yourself as an rml member as soon as you connect, this 'may' save you
getting kicked off by some of our ever enthusiastic members <g>

The chatter varies from topic to topic and is not just about fish problems,
we like to use it as a gathering of friends. Like the list, there is much
Spam ;) The number of attendees varies from week to week and depends upon
the commitments of the users.

Which reminds me guys/gals I will be away fishing on Sat 31st October and
Saturday 7th November. Thus, nowhere near a pooter to say howdy to you all.
I am actually away from 30 Oct. to 7 Nov. inclusive....

Finally my apologies to all concerned for me not being able to attend our
recent sessions , I have had other commitments! Hopefully all should be
back to normal (whatever that is) after 7/11/98. or 11/7/98 for the Yanks
<g> when I will be looking forward to catching up with everyone. With any
luck the channel will be OK whilst I am away, the time limit between logons
for me is 14 days, after which we could lose the channel once again. Frex
should be able to handle any problems shoud they occur. ;)

Cheers
Merlin
Co-founder of RML and Manager of #rml.

merlin at orac.net.au
Sysop Merlin's Cave BBS. Ph: Canberra, Aus. 02 6291 0305
Fido 3:620/246

http://users.orac.net.au/~merlin

"I am a stag of seven tines;
I am a wide flood on a plain;
I am a wind on the deep waters;
I am a shining tear of the sun;
I am a hawk on a cliff;
I am fair among flowers;
I am a God who sets the head afire with smoke."