Re: [RML] mmmmm

bowluvr (bowluvr at email.msn.com)
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:05:36 -0700

Ahem... Luv you, too, Gar' ;-) ;-)

Let it be known, Dearest, that all of this stuff happened while following
the directions, on healthy tanks, and with only one dose. No water changes
were skipped in the making of this story. ;-) A second container of the
stuff was given to us; a small bottle that another employee took home to try
out. He reported no ill effects and even thought it made his tank look
clearer (and he didn't neglect any water changes either -- kept doing em
even as he was using the stuff).

Like I said, my only problem w/ Tetra is their propaganda regarding not
having to do water changes. I had a bad experience w/ the product, that is
all. I was rather impressed w/ the response by Tetra and their reps -- they
were genuinely concerned that their product caused these problems and took
immediate action to try and figure out why this happened. At least they back
up their snake oil, eh? ;-)

As for the expensive fish, well at this point in the hobby, I don't have any
tanks w/ fish I don't value. :-) :-) ;-) At least I still have the
parents of the ones that died. They have done their part to replace my
losses quite admirably.

Heck, Marineland's pics of setups of their Eclipse line of filters and tanks
are just as offensive to me. Have you looked at the huge/inappropriate
stocking levels of those tanks??! Talk about misleading advertising! I am
continually on the reps' cases about that (just as I am about Tetra's "no
water changes for 6 months" BS). And I *like* and *use* those products.

Julie <><