Re: [RML] Grindal Worms

Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:07:09 +1000

Thanks Harro

Bruce Hansen, A.N.G.F.A., Advancing Australian Aquatics.

From: HH <Harro.Hieronimus at t-online.de>
To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au <rainbowfish at pcug.org.au>
Date: Monday, 16 November 1998 9:18
Subject: Re: [RML] Grindal Worms

Well, Bruce,

one of the leading experts in fish nutrition published a book - in German -
just
in 1997 at the Verlag Eugen Ulmer (where also the DATZ is published, the
most
wellknown German aquarium magazine). Heinz Bremer has been Professor for
fish
nutrition in Rostock in the former GDR and has now his own research
institute
where he works for leading German brands. The title of the book is
"Aquarienfische gesund ernaehren", which may be translated as "Feeding
aquarium
fishes in a healthy way". On p. 123 he writes: Grindal (Enchytraeus
buchholzi).
For all, who want to know the scientific name of the larger one we call
enchytraea, it's Enchytraeus albidus.

I could find more books. Additionally, Buchholz is a rather common name in
Western Europe while Buccholz is no name at all for any Western European. As
far
as I remember Buchholz was Danish, but may also have been German.

Best regards

Harro Hieronimus, Solingen, Germany
harro.hieronimus at t-online.de

No fish - no fun