Re: [RML] Grindal Worms

HH (Harro.Hieronimus at t-online.de)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 00:07:22 +0100

Bruce Hansen schrieb:
> OK Harro :-)
>
> Just for the record, where does your spelling come from? You know Hansen can
> be spelt with an e or an o and both are right in some circumstances but the
> correct scientific name should be recorded somewhere reliable and that is
> why I quoted a source.
>

> Regards,
> Bruce.
>
> Bruce Hansen, A.N.G.F.A., Advancing Australian Aquatics.
>
> Bruce Hansen, ANGFA, caring for our aquatic ecosystems.
>
> Please visit us at http://www.ozemail.com.au/~fisher/angfa.htm

Well, Bruce,

one of the leading experts in fish nutrition published a book - in German - just
in 1997 at the Verlag Eugen Ulmer (where also the DATZ is published, the most
wellknown German aquarium magazine). Heinz Bremer has been Professor for fish
nutrition in Rostock in the former GDR and has now his own research institute
where he works for leading German brands. The title of the book is
"Aquarienfische gesund ernaehren", which may be translated as "Feeding aquarium
fishes in a healthy way". On p. 123 he writes: Grindal (Enchytraeus buchholzi).
For all, who want to know the scientific name of the larger one we call
enchytraea, it's Enchytraeus albidus.

I could find more books. Additionally, Buchholz is a rather common name in
Western Europe while Buccholz is no name at all for any Western European. As far
as I remember Buchholz was Danish, but may also have been German.

harro.hieronimus at t-online.de

No fish - no fun