Re: [RML] Set up

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:46:33 +1100

At 05:21 14/11/98 +1000, Adrian wrote:
>At 07:49 12/11/98 -0500, Denise wrote:
>>I work with recirculating systems and diseased fish every day; spread of
>>disease is quite uncommon. Of course we do use well maintained UV
>>sterilization which works well for bacteria, but that isn't a guarantee
>>that pathogens will not spread. Many fish parasites are obligate and don't
>>want to be far from their fish host.
>
>I've heard some real horror stories from people who maintained recirculation
>systems (including commercial operators). In fact, I personally know of 3
>retail and 1 wholesale establishment locally that have disconnected their
>systems because of recurring disease problems.

And here was I thinking that retailers didn't need to worry about diseases
with the heavy chemical "preventative maintenance" regime that some
subscribe to ;)

Cheers, Andrew

Andrew Boyd - andrew at pcug.org.au - http://www.tip.net.au/~andrew

"A Christian should have only one wife. This is called monotony."
Student at the Williamston Presbyterian Church, So. Carolina

Should anyone care, I am back on ICQ at UIN 22207958