Re: [RML] Driftwood

Bjorn Straube (straube at digital.net)
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 19:07:05 -0500

Hiya Roy,
I dunno, I'm not sure I'd be willing to put walnut in my aquarium.
Admititly your knowlege and expirience vastly outstrip my own :) As far
as it being found in water in nature, I suspect you are right. Somewhere
there is some walnut in a body of water (then again there probably is
some "blaze orange gravel" right beside it ;)), and I'm sure there could
be some fish in the water as well. But, I suspect, that the volume of
water can easily absorb any toxins released. The truth of the mater is
that I don't realy know if walnut will or won't harm fish even in a
closed system. None the less I won't recomend anything be put in an
aquarium that is known to be toxic (other than meds of course). I guess
the only way to find out for sure is to do it, but not with my fish ;)

Bjorn