Re: [RML] Archer River Trifasciatas

John Grylls (jgrylls at bendigo.net.au)
Sun, 02 Nov 1997 02:17:14 GMT

On Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:06:08 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>I have 4 Archer River Tris in a 20 gallon tank that seem to be behaving
>strangely. The light on the tank comes on for 6 hours at night and is off
>the rest of the day. During the day when the light is off, the tanks get
>some light from the room and the fish are very active. At night when the
>light comes on, the fish go the bottom of the tank and just hover in the
>back. The fish seem very heatthy and the water conditions are fine and I do
>weekly water changes.
Is the tank close to the floor, or higher up? I have two four ft
tanks, one above the other, and have kept cichlids in them years ago,
and rainbows now. It has been always the same, the fish in the lower
tank take far longer to settle in, and are always more prone to panic
when someone walks past. It seems that fish don't like to be
monstered from above.
Regards
John Grylls