[RML] Re:

Scott.Hunt at mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Wed, 21 May 1997 11:28:54 +1000

>I would honestly like your opinion of what you thought of the way A at A treated
>Harro when he reminded the list members ( and he included himself ), to try
and
>be a little more careful with labelling their messages. If you recall he made
>no criticisms that I could detect, of either the LIST format or the moderators.

>I don't know what relationship you have with them Scott if any but, that is
not
>important. I would sincerely like to know if you felt they were justified in
>behaving the way they did towards Harro.

I'm sorry Chris, but as a list member do not believe I have the right to sit in
judgment of any actions carried out by a moderator. Whether you or I agree or
disagree with their reaction is beside the point.

I use a facility provided by A&A, and as was pointed out to me from very early
on, under the rules by which they see fit to operate it with. I was given the
choice to stay if I wished or desub if I wasn't happy. I believe that everyone
understands this even if it has not been spelt out to them directly.

If you or I ran this list then of course they may be things that we would do
differently. Again, beside the point. From my point of view you use the list as
is or you desub it really is quite simple. Why should the moderators and list
members put up with a flood of trivial winges.

Caveat Emptor
Scott Hunt

drews#064#webgate.net - SMTPGATE at WT400 on 21/05/97 10:32:32 AM