Re: [RML] Fw: Male or Female Kubutu Rainbowfishes(Melanotaenia lacustris)?

Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:54:20 +1000

While I was editing my mail I recalled a conversation recently with Neil
Armstrong on female "flashers" in Rainbowfish and he says C. fasciata is
the species that he has seen it the most in with C . bleheri second and M.
lacustris 3rd

> From: Adrian R. Tappin <atappin at ecn.net.au>
> To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [RML] Fw: Male or Female Kubutu Rainbowfishes(Melanotaenia
lacustris)?
> Date: Sunday, 15 March 1998 9:21
>
> At 22:44 13/03/98 -0700, Julie wrote:
>
> >I haven't any experience w/ this phenomenon in M. lacustrus, but I have
> >observed both G. incisus females and G. ramuensis to do this. The G.
ramu