Re: [RML] C. bleheri

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:51:08 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 8 Mar 1997 BLang1234 at aol.com wrote:

> I haven't tried Peter's method of using warm 50 C water. Does this actually
> kill them Peter or just stun them for awhile. I wouldn't think 50 degrees C
> would be fatal. Might be hard to get the temp right too- you might just

Well, I left them in there for a few minutes and then dumped them into
formaldehyde and they didn't squirm a bit. I see your point though
regarding getting it just right, but it seemed amazingly quick to me.

Tootles

Peter J Unmack peter.unmack at asu.edu
DESERT FISHES RULE: To boldly thrive where no other fish can make it!

Australian desert fishes pages at ozdesertfish.base.org (don't forget to
visit the Desert Fishes Council pages too)
Native Fish Australia pages at nfa.base.org (under construction)
North American Native Fishes Association at www.nanfa.org