Re: [RML] new fish from rarefish

Julie Zeppieri (bowluvr at hotmail.com)
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:53:21 -0800

Well, I said that because it seemed to me there was a lot of red striping
though the body which I did not think was supposed to be in a Herbie, and
does not show in the old Allen shots, nor had I ever seen it in the fish I
had before in AZ that were from your stock, nor the ones from Wim's stock.
They were a clean yellow through the body - red color confined to fins and
tail.

When I saw the red body stripes, I wondered if Tanner's were correct fish in
reality, or just a wierd photo. That photo, to me looked a bit too
"trifasciata-ish" to be comfortable without a first hand look at the fish
from an expert. :-) That's why when you said you were there I asked. :-)
I've seen a LOT of bad herbies out there, and very few that looked correct.
I'm sure you have, too. I have also dealt with many who are unscrupulous, so
I've become something of a skeptic. ;-) My bad I know, but true. I trust
your eyes tho, so now I think I might try them if I get a chance to.

Thanks for the info, Gary. :-) A firsthand look at a fish is always
better than a photo posted online. Having you look is the next best thing. I
would be curious to see what the shots you got of these fish look like.

Julie <><