Re: [RML] new fish from rarefish

Julie Zeppieri (bowluvr at hotmail.com)
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:15:50 -0800

Hey Gary,

So then his Herbies are correct in your opinion? I took a peek at a number
of his auctions and the pics for those looked like a Farm Herbie... in other
words all messed up and probably crossed with trifasciata. maybe the photo
was just bad? Or mixed up with a difft fish?

If Kent's Herbies are actually good, is it your opinion that the rainbows
sold by this Tanner person online are all from Kent? I ask because my
old-hag now geriatric Herbies never did spawn... and their parents were a
bugger to get the fry out of that i did. They came from Wim Heemskirk in
Europe and I do believe they were the real deal. Look just exactly like that
photo of Gerry's male in full color that TFH is so fond of using (and is
also in Allen's 1st book). The parent male was a dead ringer for this fish
and so are his sons... except for now being old and worn out. ;-)

Other than these and yours I have not seen too many Herbies that look right,
and so have been hesitant to purchase. If you think the ones up on AquaBid
are correct, despite the wrong-looking photo, I may have to get some.

Thanks in advance for your opinions on this. :-)
Julie <><

PS: Say "Hey" to Randy Carey, and also Lee Finley, Penny and all those "back
east" in my old stomping grounds for me? Thanks!