RE: [RML] Questions regarding Rhadinocentrus

Matthew Stanton (matthews at sf.nsw.gov.au)
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:20:39 +1100

Julie,
I can't help you with the sexing but as to their care...
Toss the crushed coral. Soft acidic water is the domain of Rhads. In my
experience they never occur in hard water or in water that is alkaline even
when they are right next to the sea.
Temperature is less critical but avoid big daily changes.
Others on the list will tell you more about breeding, my only suggestion
being to toss them into a pond during the summer. Some of the colour forms
make great pond fish!
I hope you enjoy your Rhads.