Re: [RML] Suitable tankmates for Pseudomugil signifier and Ps.

Doug Karpa-Wilson (dkarpawi at indiana.edu)
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:25:00 -0500

>In a message dated 3/11/2001 11:26:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>s-ziegler at gmx.net writes:
>
>> I can tell you what NOT to get... bumblebee gobies! they ate 3 of my p.
>> cyanos before i realized it :(
>
>bumblebee gobies? those tiny little black and orange Brachygobius sp.? they
>could only fit a fry in their mouths.
>
>tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

I think there are two issues: some of those Brachygobius species do get
larger than 1" and the smaller ones can only eat a fry in one bite, but
there's no law that says you have to eat a fish in a single bite..... I've
heard this from several (well, two) people, so I'm steering clear of
putting the wee bumblebees in with the nearly as wee blueeyes.

Doug

Doug Karpa-Wilson
1821 S. Maxwell St.
Bloomington, IN 47401