Re: [RML] Melanotaenia crossbreeding

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 07:12:56 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Bruce Hansen wrote:

I thought we'd already done this one to death.

> I agree with you Gary - there are the reports but I don't know anyone who
> has actually seen one or photographed it.Perhaps Harro has seen some? gerry
> Allen reported that M X Bedotia has occurred but I think he was just
> reporting anecdotal information.

Carl Drobski (spelling?) in Melbourne apparently crossed them according to
Neil A. Not sure if Neil ever saw them or not, but he has no reason to doubt
Carl who is an outstand fish breeder.

> This is the first time I have heard of a
> cross with Telmatherina.

What's the evidence for this Harro? I'd think that since so few folks keep
telmatherinids few would have ever had the chance to try deliberately let
alone accidentally.

Cheers
Peter Unmack