Re: Re: [RML] Need help or Info on eggs

LeeH920226 at aol.com
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:23:47 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/98 11:19:45 PM, gwlange at stlnet.com wrote:

>I guess Jim it really depends on what the Professor is trying to accomplish.
>
>If he is trying to impress a group of students in a class with a quick
hatch,

>like by the end of a lecture,

I have had the best success in killifish lecture/demos using Nothobranchius
foerschi which always hatch on schedule, even though the fry are very small,
the audience can see them after an hour and half. So, I start them at the
beginning and after questions and a break, they are hatched. Cynolebias whitei
would be equally reliable and easier to see but they take several hours to
hatch - too long a lecture!

Lee Harper