Re: [RML] P.connieae

Rhonda Wilson (rhondawi at m6.sprynet.com)
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:11:08 -0700

Adrian,

According to the Golden Guide Pond Life book there are about 25 species of fairy shrimp and
brine shrimp are related.

I have some dried mud from Mexico that has eggs in it. Also tadpole and clam shrimp
apparently. I got the mud through Peter, a friend of his had collected it.

I hatched a small bit of it out this spring in my fish room. I did see the clam and fairy
shrimp but no tadpole shrimp. I haven't tried to reuse that mud yet to see if they laid
eggs in it. I believe the eggs have to have a dry period.

I just have been getting a nice outside fish area done. I needed to fence it to keep my
little kids out of the water, then shade it to keep the glaring AZ summer sun out. I just
got those things finished and have started breeding some fish out there and getting some
more pools and such. So I'm hoping to start experimenting more with the shrimp mud soon. :)

Rhonda

--
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RhondaWilson/
ALA - http://petsforum.com/ala/  PGI - http://www.csi.com/pets/