Re: [RML] Victorians?SPAM

Andrew Boyd (andrew at pcug.org.au)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:49:35 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Bruce Hansen wrote:

> Pauline Hanson (note spelling)
>
> The "figurehead" of a newer political party here in Oz called "One Nation"
> that appeals simplistically to those who feel that all our political ills
> can be cured by legitimising guns, excluding Asians, dispensing with
> financial assistance to our indigenous people and other such approaches.
{deletia}

I can only concur with what Adrian and Bruce have had to say about Pauline
Hanson (note spelling ;)) and the One Nation party. I would add
personally that I am embarrassed to be a citizen of a country that elects
someone of her extreme views to thier national parliament. But as someone
once wrote about one of the Southern US states during the worst days of
the civil rights struggle in the 1960's:

"Every organism has an a**hole".

It has achieved the useful aim of drawing every right-wing loony (some of
which advocate the violent overthrow of the Australian Government) out
into the open where they can be carefully monitored by the forces of law
and order. I might add that left-wing extremists are in my opinion just
as hopeless, I can't walk 5 paces here at university without tripping over
the bastards ;) but at least they (most of them) don't have guns.

Like Dr Bruce says, all part of life's rich tapestry.

Cheers, Andrew