Re: Fwd: [RML] African frogs

Michael Shrom (shrommj at ptdprolog.net)
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 02:02:57 +1000 (EST)

>I was thinking, you can help this person. This post is from the RainbowFish
>ML.
>Regards,
>PeDro
>---------------------

If you are talking about xenopus they are pretty easy to do. They will
lay eggs in a spawning mop or plants. You must have a male and female
together at the time of egg laying. Remove the mops or parents and leave
the eggs in a tank with aged aquarium water and a sponge filter. The eggs
will hatch in about 3 days. Do not feed the tadpoles for about 5 days.
They will eat microorganisms in your water. When you start feeding use
strained peas baby food stirred in the water or finely ground fish food.
The tadpoles are filter feeders and can't eat large parcticles. In a few
months they will turn to frogs. When they are adults they love to eat
killie fish or rainbowfish.
Michael Shrom