[RML] Re: ugh!!! Home of the Rainbowfish has disappeared!

Tom Ray (t_a_ray_cissp at yahoo.com)
Sat, 04 Jun 2005 16:32:23 -0000

Scott & Peter:

You are both absolutely correct. And, BTW I just found the CD-ROM
you mentioned Scott in an earlier version of Adrian's Website in the
AU Web archive: Pandora. What a wonderful national resource!

Thank you to both Peter and Brad for this new link! I just added a
link in the newsgroup to the AU Website archive using their
authortative reference URL.

--TommyBoy

--- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, Scott Davis <unclescott at p...> wrote:
> I'm on the road and can't check, but "they" put out a terrific
Rainbowfish CD a couple of years ago. It certainly had photos by some
of the same great photographers as are shown on the Home of the
Rainbowfish site.

> One of our brethern from Oz (when they get up) will have to give
details and whether that disk is still for sale. It took a while in
the mail, but got here and is treasured.

> All the best!
> Scott
>
> Tom Ray <t_a_ray_cissp at y...> wrote:
> I agree.
>
> IF anyone has Adrian Tappin's email address, snailmail address,
etc.
> contact data, I would think this newsgroup, one of the hobby
> associations, or even an individual hobbiest might contact Adrian
> about his content and about the possibility /logistics of hosting
or
> issuing a CD-ROM with an appropriate and mutually agreed form of
> compensation, as warranted.
>
> Besides, I don't think anyone said anything about, implied (nor
> considered anyone inferring) illegal reposting, copyright
> enfringement or unethical behavior. I (and I believe Kevin) were
more
> surprised and disappointed by the loss of Adrian's great content
and
> maybe even intent on preserving it (as is or in some other form).
>
> I can easily see how this group, if interested, could reverse this
> bad fortune and turn it into an opportunity to preserve this
> resource, advance the hobby, and even promote Adrian and its
efforts
> and mission. "Crisis" = "severe opportunity" doesn't it?
>
> --TommyBoy
> --- In r_m_l at yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Sheller" <kevmo at a...> wrote:
> > That's totally cool, Brad. I was just going to store it on my
local
> drive so
> > I could always have it for reference... I certainly wasn't going
> re-post
> > it.
> >
> > Kevin

too
> does the
> > link from here. Does anyone have a defintive word on the
> fate
> > and/ot
> > future of this resource? Anyone know what happened to
all