Re: [RML] glass perchlets

Tsuh Yang Chen (anggrek at juno.com)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 22:11:13 EDT

alright, bruce, but isn't size a relative thing? :-)

actually, i mispoke, they are at least 3 1/2" body length (without the
tail) and deep bodied, with long extended pectorals. they are at least 5
times larger (in body mass) than the glassfish (Chanda).

looking through my baensch, couldn't find any Ambassis, they are all
synonyms to Chanda. but in my copy of "freshwater fishes of western
indonesia and sulawesi" there are a few Ambassis, but the pictures are
of "dead" individuals photographed in a lab and pretty colorless. the
fish at the shop also have very elongated pectorals in comparison to the
ones in the book. they are sort of greyish looking, with black margins
in the fins.

if anyone knows what these are, i would appreciate hearing from you. i
wonder if they would do well with rainbows, at the shop they are in the
same tank as rainbows, african knifefish and gouramis.

tsuh yang chen, new york city

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998 11:42:29 +1000 "Bruce Hansen"
<bhansen at ozemail.com.au> writes:
>Unfortunately I cannot offer an opinion on that description - I don't
>think 2" is large
>

>Regards,
>Bruce.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]