Re: [RML] Empire Gudgeon Fry

Rob Wager (raintree at mail.cth.com.au)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:49:33 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: Mach T. Fukada <fukada at hawaii.edu>
To: rainbowfish at pcug.org.au <rainbowfish at pcug.org.au>
Date: Friday, 17 July 1998 7:24
Subject: [RML] Empire Gudgeon Fry

Hi Mach,

> anyone know if empire gudgeons are seasonal? Or is it possible to induce
>spawning off season by manipulation of temperature, food, or day length?

I suspect you could get a pair to spawn regularly by mimicing an Australian
Spring or Summer: 12-16 hours daylight, water temps 20 - 30 degrees celcius
and plenty of good food.

I was never sure how many times or how often a single female spawned, as I
had many pairs in the one tank. I was able to get several spawnings in one
year though, including some in winter. The tanks was part of a recirc-system
maintained as above.

Congratulations on the success. The rest should be (relatively) easy.

Byee,

Rob Wager