RE: Vegemite Award

Barry Meiklejohn (fisher at ozemail.com.au)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 22:42:39 +1000

----------
From: Peter Hughes (X)[SMTP:peterh at pican.pi.csiro.au]
Subject: another fine mess.....

I am not sure what this "Vegemite award" is, perhaps you could clarify
that one?

Peter,

The vegemite award was mooted earlier, I can't remember what thread it was in relation to. Tongue firmally in cheek Walter mentioned (if my memory is still correct) how students will work for vegemite in the field. We took this one step further and disc
ussed the vegemite award for students/scientists making worth
while contributions (again tongue firmally in cheek).

I think we were going to award it to you because of the EDTA explanation you forwarded, but being a parochial Qlder I was taken by Andrews excellent description of what being a Qlder is all about. Hence I changed my vote. :-)

BTW we're not sure what form this award is going to take, I vote for a slice of toast myself but I don't know how to get the pin to stick.

Regards,

Baz.