RE: [RML] Growing Tropical Fish Outdoors in Temperate climates

Michael Adams (madams at fmsm.com)
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:37:30 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C58963.E061CA80

Hi Gary...I had great success setting up 55G tanks on cinder blocks in the
middle of my garden. I would put an old strip light on top and put it on a
timer to come on at dusk and stay on for a couple of hours to attract bugs.
I had the most success with praecox and would start with a four or five
females and a couple of males and by the end of the summer I would have a
fleet of little suckers swimming around that I would take to the LFS to
sell. I have always wanted to take this to a new level by putting in a
large pond but haven't come across the time to do that yet...or figured out
how I'm going to remove all the fish at the end of the summer.

Mike

Michael F. Adams Jr. PE
Stream Restoration and Fluvial Geomorphic Sciences
FMSM Engineers
1901 Nelson Miller Parkway
Louisville, Kentucky 40223
Phone: 502.212.5015