AW: [RML] New Australian fish species - no rainbow!

Harro Hieronimus (Harro.Hieronimus at t-online.de)
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:30:49 +0200

Sorry Peter,

my mistake.

Pusey, Bradley J., & Mark J. Kennard: Guyu wujalwujalensis, a new genus and
species (Pisces: Percichthyidae) from north-eastern Queensland, Australia.
Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters 12 (1) - June 2001 -: 17-28

Harro

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-rainbowfish at pcug.org.au [owner-rainbowfish at pcug.org.au] im
Auftrag von PETER.UNMACK at ASU.Edu
Gesendet am: Montag, 2. Juli 2001 17:41
An: rainbowfish
Betreff: Re: [RML] New Australian fish species - no rainbow!

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Harro Hieronimus wrote:

> a new genus and species of freshwater fish has been described: Guyu
> wujalwujalensis Pusey & Kennard, 2001.

Harro, can you send the full reference for this paper? I need to add it to
manuscript I'm sending off in the next day or two.

> It is a percichthyid fish, the distribution is very restricted to the
> Bloomfield River above the Bloomfield Falls, NE Qld., it resembles
Macquaria
> or Maccullochella, max. length seems to be about 12-13 cm, colour in life
> dark green to khaki green.

It seems to be a Macquaria based on genetics, data aren't consistant yet,
but
it is most closely related to Macquarie and golden perch (the results flip
flop between each species depending upon the analysis and gene). Either
way,
it is a neat little fish!

Cheers
Peter