Re: [RML] rainbowfish goiter

Tyrone Genade (Tgenade at akad.sun.ac.za)
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:09:41 +0200

On 23 Jul 2001, at 18:24, Bruce Hansen wrote:

> But Tyrone does the Tanganyikan tank have iodised salt in the mix?? I an
> unaware of any relationship between goitre and calcium hardness.

I don't use an iodine mix or any salt mix with my
Tanganyikans. All I know is that of all the 'bows I've
raised in the tank so far none have developed any goiter
etc... No doubt there are iodine traces in the shell
gritt etc...

But we will see...

Any ideas on the concentration iodine needed for 'bows?

Bye

Tyrone Genade
tyronegenade at yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/tyronegenade

P450 Lab, Biochemistry Department
University of Stellenbosch, 7602, South Africa
Ph: +27-021-808-5876, fax: +27-021-808-5863

"No, the LORD has told us what is good. What He requires
of us is this: to do what is just, to show constant love,
and to live in humble fellowship with our GOD."
Micah 6:8