Re: [RML] Green Water!

Bjrn Straube (straube at digital.net)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:31:59 -1000

Hi Ernie,
I have to say, that if you really have a rearing tank then maybe you
should keep the stuff. When I'm raising fry, I ADD green water. The
best batch of fry I every raised was in a tank that "turned" and the fry
grew faster, and larger than in other tanks. Wish I could figure out
what made the tank turn green, I'd always do it, I did not even have to
add any APR. The green went away right about the time the fry were
really starting too consume large (a relative term) amounts of BBS. I
speculate the brine shrimp were helping to filter it out, kinda like gut
need, or desire, for food that small. I'd be tempted to move them and
add full mops.

Bjorn