Re: [RML] Show sanctioning SPAM

andrew.boyd at dfat.gov.au
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 15:22:49 +1000

Well someone has to stir the buggers up, all this niceness is no good for
traffic levels ;)

(puts on big cap and braces)

I can remember back in the good old days, when the list was but a pup, and we
used to have regularly scheduled flamewars just to keep the list up to it's
minimum megabyte of plain text a month ;)

By Gum, young people these days don't know what a flamewar is. When I were young
we used to beat computer over t'monitor with cricket bat just to warm t'bugger
up, and log in and download 150 abusive messages a day, and sit there for a
couple of hours and write warnings to all t'culprits, threaten 'em with death
and excommunication if they erred again, and send t'boys round if they did!
Moderaptors they called us then, and by Gum we were, moderators with big teeth!
:)

Young people these days just won't believe yer... ;)

Regards, Andrew