Re: [RML] Mycosis?

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 07:01:57 +1000

Marcel

It sounds like you have Mouth Fungus or Columnaris, caused by Flexibacter
columnaris.
In my experience overcrowding, insufficient water changes and keeping
temperature too high can contribute, so even when you successfully treat
with antibiotics it will tend to recur unless you correct the underlying
predisposing factors.

If you have access to them the antibiotics of choice seem to be
Tetracycline or Chloramphenicol.

Regards,
Bruce.