Re: [RML] Water Clarity

Roy Hunter (rainbows01 at sprynet.com)
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:23:04 -0700

It sounds like a bacteria bloom. I have seen this in a good friends fish
room and he had no clue to what was causing it to happen. He eventually
changed his filtration from a tower of bioballs to basic SPONGE (that is
for unmack) filtration and the blooms went away..... So I dont really know.
It could be something in your water as well. Have you tried to polish it
with a diatom filter? Sometimes these filters actually have a purpose and
this could be one of them. If you were to polish the water after a water
change and the milky look returned then it is definitely a bacteria bloom
of some kind and I would disable the bio wheel first to see if it goes
away. Other than that........
Roy Hunter
Co-Chairman
ANGFA of North America