Re: [RML] Leaking current

StephenBou at aol.com
Mon, 27 Jan 1997 08:56:19 -0500 (EST)

>To all those electricians out there I need some enlightenment. I was
>feeding the
>gang this morning and inadvertently dropped my eye-dropper (feeding baby
>brine)
>into one of the tanks. I reached in to retreive and to my unpleasant
>surprise I
>received a SHOCK!! After recovering my composure, it was a small shock
>obviously, I reached in with my other hand (I guess one shock wasn't
>enough!),
>and - NOTHING! I noticed that one hand had a cut and the other did not.
>The hand
>with the cut registered the shock while the cut free hand did not.
>

Chris,

It could have just been static electricity discharging (that can happen
when you have built up charge due to the friction of walking around and
then touch the water, which is at a different electrical potential).

Or it could be something more serious. :)

-- Stephen

__________________________________
stephenbou at aol.com
http://members.aol.com/stephenbou/
__________________________________