Re: [RML] fish question

peter.unmack at ASU.Edu
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 16:04:05 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Rob Wager wrote:

> Definitely not native, and as far as I know there have been no
> translocations yet. They are in the Isaac (Fitzroy Drainage) which is inland
> of the Plane and Styx basins, but not on the coast. Clive Keenan reckons the
> northern lot will be separated from the southern populations.

I asked Steve Hume, and he caught them in the Ross River. It'd be nice
if Keenan would publish something once and a while. :-) Since they are
all morphologically indestinguishable I guess we'll have to hope the
geneticists can answer this question one day. While looking at my data I
noticed an identical pattern with Oxyeleotris lineolatus, they are
missing from this area too. Lack of sampling is a definate problem
though.

Thanks

Peter Unmack