[RML] Fw: PMDD = Poor man's Dupla Drops

Sat, 1 Feb 1997 15:04:17 +1100

Date: Saturday, 1 February 1997 15:02

A while back there was a request for the recipe for PMDD

Bruce Hansen
ANGFA

email: bhansen at ozemail.com.au
Don't miss the ANGFA web pages at -
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~fisher/angfa.htm

----------
From: Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin.com
To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin.com
Subject: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #488
Date: Saturday, 1 February 1997 7:39

From: STDIXON <stdixon at bechtel.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:02:36 -0500 (EST)
Subject: PMDD

>Could someone point me to a listing of what goes into PMDD, and the
>concentrations of each ingredient. I read that one of the ingredien=
ts
>is something called CSM ???=20
>Thanks, Adrian Hydon <aph at globalserve.net>

Here's the original recipe from the Sears/Conlin paper at the Krib:
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~aquaria/Krib/Plants/Fertilizer/

Appendix A - Fertilizer Recipe (Poor Man's Dupla Drops)=20

=951 Tbsp (~9g) Chelated Trace Element Mix (7% Fe, 1.3% B, 2% Mn, 0.0=
6% Mo,
0.4% Zn, 0.1% Cu, EDTA, DTPA)=20
=952 Tsp (~14g) K2SO4 (potassium sulfate)=20
=951 Tsp (~6g) KNO3 (potassium nitrate)=20
=952.5 Tbsp (~33g) MgSO4.7H2O (fully hydrated magnesium sulfate, aka =
epsom
salts; omit if already present in trace element mix)=20
=95300mL distilled H2O=20
=950.5mL 9M HCl (optional)=20

(Most of the ingredients can be purchased at hydroponics shops or gar=
den
supply stores. Epsom salts are available inexpensively at pharmacies.=
)=20

"CSM" is "Chelated Secondary Mix" which is the sold by:

Plant Products Limited
314 Orenda Ave.
Brampton, Ontario L6T1G1
Canada
Tel. 1-905-793-7000

Use the 800 number (1-800-565-4769) and ask for Kathy in Sales.
They will ship direct anywhere in the U.S. except Florida (where they=
have
a distributor that carries CSM).

I ordered a 5# bag for $35, plus $40 shipping, all Canadian.=20
It seemed expensive, but at 1 Tbsp a throw, the bag will probably out=
last
me.

To follow everyone's subsequent thinking, search the APD archives for
"PMDD" at: http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/