Re: [RML] P.S. Gudgeons

Nick Thorne (nick at nativefish.asn.au)
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 13:00:55 +1100

On Tuesday, 9 December 1997

Andrew Hamilton wrote:

>Some time ago there was some discussion on Purple Spotted Gudgeons. One
>of
>the list members discussed the fact that there was a population in a
>bilabong in the eastern part of Victoria (I forget the exact detail).
>Well I
>thought Id let you know that I passed this info onto a friend in
>Maffreys
>(Peter, is that how its spelt), they recently took samples from the
>billabong and didnt find any PS Gudgeons.

It's MAFRI "Marine and Freshwater Research Institute"

Are you sure you are not confusing this with the re-discovery of
Southern P.S.Gudgeon in the Cardross Lakes, near Mildura?

If this is the case I would be happy to provide you with some info, as I
have been fairly involved in the case.

P.S. Sorry about the delay in responding, been pretty busy...

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Thorne nick at nativefish.asn.au

Native Fish Australia